The need for fast and efficient charging stations gets more and more significant every day. Europe had about 5.5 million plug-in passenger cars at the end of 2021, and the United States had 2.32 million electric cars. As of 2022, more than 26 million electric cars roamed global roads. Charging stations should be able to provide quick, efficient EV charging for these electric vehicles.
An e-mobility power technology like EV Power can help. With it, smart car chargers and charging stations can meet the EV charging needs of electric vehicles on the market. So what can SOLUM EV Power do? And what vehicles can take advantage of it?
The potential of SOLUM Power Module
SOLUM EV Power is the new age of electric vehicle power technology. This innovative power module was designed by SOLUM Group for high-efficiency EV charging, high power factor, high power density, high reliability, and digital capability. It was also made to be a sustainable e-mobility solution for a lot of charging stations, smart car chargers, and drivers.
Here are some SOLUM EV Power features for maximum EV charging efficiency:
- Ultra-high efficiency
- Compatible with the CCS Standard
- Compact Form Factor
- Ultra-high-power density
- Ultra-wide output voltage range
- Ultra-small output ripple voltage
- Ultra-small standby power consumption
- Complete protection and alarm functions
- Digital control circuit
- High-temperature tolerance
- Stackable design for ultra-fast EV chargers
SOLUM EV Power is efficient, reliable, and sustainable. It would be an advantage for any world-class EV charging systems and stations.
Charging standards and the vehicles that can use SOLUM EV Power
Most EV charging stations support different charging standards and connectors, so drivers can charge their batteries. Some of the most popular and widely adopted charging standards for EVs are CHAdeMO, CCS, and Type 2 connectors. Fortunately, SOLUM Power Module can be used in most smart car chargers and charging stations to support various EV charging.
This is a fast charging standard for battery electric vehicles. It was developed by Japanese power companies and automakers back in 2010, making it known as the Japanese standard. This charging standard for EVs is commonly used by electric vehicles from Nissan and Mitsubishi. This includes the Nissan Leaf, Mitsubishi i-MiEV, and the Kia Soul EV.
CHAdeMO offers a quick charge, which makes it a popular charging standard. SOLUM Power Module supports smart car chargers and charging stations with CHAdeMO and therefore can be used by most Nissan and Mitsubishi electric vehicles.
Combined Charging System (CCS)
Combined Charging System, or CCS, is a combined AC and DC fast charging standard for most electric vehicles. It can use Combo 1 (CCS1) or Combo 2 (CCS2) connectors to provide power to EVs at up to 350 kilowatts (kW). CCS combines regular AC charging with a two-pin DC connector for faster charging.
CCS is used by many EV companies and manufacturers. This includes auto companies like BMW, Daimler, FCA, Ford, Jaguar, General Motors, Groupe PSA, Honda, Hyundai, Kia, Mazda, MG, Nissan, Polestar, Renault, Rivian, Tesla, Mahindra, Tata Motors, and Volkswagen Group. Many EV models in Europe and North America are compatible with CCS.
SOLUM Power Module compatibility with the CCS standard speaks for its accessibility and easy integration into electric vehicles at charging stations. Most EVs will be able to utilize these smart car chargers for rapid charging, multiple DC plug-in options, and 1CH and 2CH configurations.
AC Type 2
The AC Type 2, also known as the IEC 62196 Type 2 connector, is used for charging electric vehicles mainly within Europe. This has been declared the European standard by the EU and is used for AC charging of a variety of EV models.
Type 2 connectors are more commonly found on vehicles and EV companies such as the Audi Etron, BMW i3, Hyundai, Jaguar, KIA, Range Rover, Renault Zoe, Mercedes Benz EQC, Mini Countryman, Nissan Leaf 2018, Porsche, Smart, Tesla, Toyota, Volkswagen, and Volvo XC T8.
Smart car charger compatibility with this connector makes SOLUM an ideal choice for these high-capacity electric vehicles. Most EV drivers in Europe will experience efficient electric vehicle charging at any charging station with SOLUM Power Module.
Where can SOLUM EV Power Module be used?
SOLUM Power Module is compatible with every electric vehicle on the market. It’s also more than enough to meet the diverse needs of EV charging. This makes it an ideal e-mobility solution for a lot of charging stations and locations.
- EV Charging Stations in Fuel Stops - Fuel stops and gas stations have a chance to install EV charging stations. With this, people traveling and stopping by at various locations can charge their electric vehicles and continue with their trip without any problems.
- Community Charging Stations - Charging stations with SOLUM EV Power within communities will provide residents with an additional advantage and comfort. People in residential communities, condominiums, and hotels can easily charge their EV batteries and achieve a quick, efficient charge.
- Public Fast Charging Stations - Malls and shopping centers, supermarkets, restaurants, and other public areas can have charging stations installed. EV power will make these charging stations even more beneficial for the mass public, as they can charge their EVs while they go for a quick shop, grocery run, or lunch.
- Workplace Charging Stations - Dedicated charging stations in the parking lots of offices and workplaces will give workers convenience and security. They’ll be able to charge their EVs safely with SOLUM Power Module. They can also be reassured that they will be able to drive home unharmed after a long day at work.
- Terminal Charging Stations - Terminal stations for electric buses, delivery fleets, and other transportation vehicles can also take advantage of reliable charging stations. EV Power can help make sure that these electric vehicles have a maximum charge for the safety of everyone.
- Destination Charging Stations - Hotels, resorts, and other destinations can also provide extra convenience by installing charging stations. This can solve the EV charging needs of their customers, guests, and travelers. SOLUM EV Power can also make sure all kinds of electric vehicles can get ultra-efficient charges so guests are comfortable and safe during their stay.
- Highway Rest Stops Charging Stations - Charging stations along major highways and interstates are also an advantage. Drivers and other travelers at highway rest stops can quickly recharge their EVs and continue their long journeys after they take a well-deserved rest.
SOLUM EV Power is highly efficient and versatile—guaranteeing that it will provide power to every electric vehicle at any possible location.
Get the SOLUM Power Module for your charging stations now. Talk to SOLUM Group experts today!